Sweet Dreams Bake Shoppe

Sweet Dreams Bake Shoppe
Like us on Facebook for more pictures and information

Monday 11 February 2013

Future Cookie Tutorials

I have been so busy baking sugar cookies, icing sugar cookies, assembling macaron pops and assembling cookie arrangements. We have some of the best boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and wives here in B.C.---they love to spoil their sweeties with sweets for Valentine's Day! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy  inside seeing how much people enjoy surprising their loved ones.

As a special 'post Valentine's Day' treat to all of you I will be posting several tutorials on all of the designs that I will be completing for Valentine's Day. Today I worked on a whole bunch of army print and black and blue swirled design cookies and I thought you guys might want a tutorial showing you some of the techniques that I used. I didn't have time to take pictures during the process so I will make a couple more army print and swirled design cookies after the Valentine's Day rush. For these particular cookies I used a wet on wet technique that looks really elaborate once it is dry. Plus, I really love how this technique always distributes the perfect amount of icing. Sometimes army print or swirl cookies can have a 'chunky' looking effect and although it may be eye catching, it does layer the icing on a little bit thick. 

Here is an example of the wet on wet technique I am talking about (second cookie from the left):



This technique is great for beginner bakers as you really can't 'mess up' the design.

I will also be doing a tutorial on simple lettering and spacing, an adorable wedding cake cookie design, free-hand drawing (for the more advanced baker) and fixing sugar cookie mistakes. I promise to post pictures of the completed Valentine's Day treats on our Facebook.

Beautiful Baking Sweeties 

No comments:

Post a Comment