Sweet Dreams Bake Shoppe

Sweet Dreams Bake Shoppe
Like us on Facebook for more pictures and information

Saturday 13 July 2013

Oreo Cupcakes

I am back my baking buddies! I became so incredibly busy with finishing up my education practicum that I have obviously failed on writing blog posts. I have taken plenty of pictures of my baking endeavors the last few months, but I didn't have time to post all of my tutorials so I will do that in due time. 

UPDATE: I shut the bakery down to the public because I am officially going to be a full time kindergarten teacher this September and I am still going to continue to teach piano as well (not to mention the fact that I am getting married!). I now only provide baked goodies for family and friends, but please visit SD Bake Shoppe's Facebook page (and hit like if you love sweets!) for up to date pictures. 


It was a ton of fun making these and it was one of the smoothest and quickest orders I ever completed. Hope the kiddies enjoyed them as their party favours!

Now let's get baking!

My sister is absolutely obsessed with everything Oreo so my mom requested that I make these fantastic Oreo cupcakes for our annual family BBQ. 

I used my favourite vanilla cupcake recipe from Glorious Treats. I also opted for the less traditional Oreo cookie. Who knew that they had mint triple chocolate Oreos? I sure didn't!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F

Place the Oreo half with the icing on the bottom of a cupcake liner (my apologies for the blurry photo)


With the halves without the icing, toss them into a food processor for expediency or place them in a strong plastic Ziploc to form cookie crumbs. This will later be used for the buttercream frosting. 


After all of the cupcake liners are filled with Oreo halves, cover the cupcakes in cupcake batter 3/4 of the way full. I like to use a measuring cup with a spout for easy batter pouring. 

Bake the cupcakes for 12 minutes, turn the pan around and bake for another 4 minutes. The cupcakes should have a slight golden brown edging. I cut these in half so I could see the yummy goodness!



For the buttercream, I used a typical vanilla buttercream recipe. 

Ingredients:

3 Cups Confectioners Sugar
1 Cup Unsalted Butter
1 Tablespoon of Milk
2 Vanilla Bean Pods

Cream all of the ingredients together until it forms a stiff buttercream. Add the cookie crumbs and pipe onto your cupcakes. For the mint cupcakes, I dyed the icing green and added mint chocolate chips. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk.


Beautiful Baking Sweeties!

No comments:

Post a Comment